Learn how to teach the youngest yogis as well as those with emotional and mental challenges techniques to control impulsivity and self-regulate.
After attending this workshop you’ll know how to:
- use music effectively in kids yoga classes
- integrate early literacy skills into your yoga classes
- adapt yoga poses to meet students needs and abilities
- unite sensory processing with yoga and mindfulness
- offer age appropriate breathing techniques and games to children of all ages and abilities
- apply effective calming strategies to help children self regulate
- effectively use yoga as a complementary therapy for children with special needs.
This experiential workshop will provide a foundation to promote the healthy development of the hearts, minds and bodies preschoolers as well as individuals diagnosed with:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Down syndrome
- Mild Cerebral palsy
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
This weekend immersion is ideal for PTs, OTs, Educators, Aides, parents, pediatric health specialists and anyone interested in helping every child be their best self.
Hours 8:00-6:00 Saturday & Sunday