Through her background and training as a Physical Therapist, Professional Yoga Therapist and yoga teacher & speci cally Yoga for Pain Care training with Neil Pearson PT, Msc, BA-BPHE, CYT, E-RYT500 (www.lifeisnow.ca), Heidi Mason will introduce some of the large misconceptions related to pain and explore how various aspects of a yoga practice can help those with pain that persists.
- What is pain actually and why do we experience it?
- What is chronic persistent pain?
- Is pain an output from the brain?
- What happens to ALL aspects of us when pain persists?
- What is neuroplasticity & how could it be the cause & solution?
- How could yoga help? – awareness and regula4on of the breath, body and mind;
A mind-body-spirit approach for a mind-body-spirit experience
Pain is a complex mind, body, spirit experience and if we are teaching yoga, working with those in pain or suffer from pain our- selves, a deeper understanding of what pain is, its purpose and how yoga could help is invaluable.
So don’t miss out on this very important discussion to reframe your understanding and experience of pain.
Investment: $45 +GST